Bob’s best practice shared a form to spur thinking on best managing initiatives at your company –
Start – Stop – Continue – Change.
START – What should we put in place to improve?
- What would add benefit?
- What do I need to learn?
- What new experience would help?
- What wastes time?
- What brings no value to me, the department or the company?
- What makes me unhappy?
- What experiences have we learned from?
- What is providing benefit to us and the company?
- What tasks and skills are working the best?
- What has experience taught us that we can use to make changes?
- What processes can we make better with a tweak or update?
- What can we learn from others to improve?
- What will the change bring to me and my team?
- How much benefit will this action bring to my team and company?
- How will I include my team in the action and decision-making?
- How quickly can we act realistically?
- What resources are needed for action? What resources are freed by Stops?
- How difficult are the changes to accomplish?
- Who needs to be involved in any action?
- Is there anyone who needs to agree to this action before its implemented?
- Will we be happy/ satisfied with the process and changes?